Caenhill Countryside Centre Outdoor Learning Leader
Title Outdoor Learning Leader
Location Caenhill Countryside Centre, nr Devizes
Salary Competitive Salary
Job type Temporary part time in term time
We require the person to be flexible with work times / days 6 months
Closing date for applications 22nd October 2020
Start date to be discussed with the successful applicant. .
Interviews to be conducted week commencing 26th October.
There will be no correspondence unless invited for interviews.
We are currently recruiting a qualified Outdoor Learning Leader to join our established team. The Caenhill Countryside Centre team are fully committed to ensuring all of their students are given the opportunity to progress and develop their future pathways in an outdoor environment on a farm. Their time here is supported within a professional and open space working environment.
You will be a key player in supporting the education of learners with a diagnosis of SEN who need particular help to overcome barriers to learning.
- To provide learning support for the learners at CaenhillCC
- To develop knowledge of the needs of the learners and assist with their work days by planning and supporting the activities.
- Attend to learners support needs, including social, health, hygiene, first-aid administration, as well as monitoring breaks and ensuring their safe return at the end of each session.
- To provide supported learning for students to assist their work time at the project.
- Competent on camera - in front and behind the lens.
The person & qualifications
- Experience of working with students with learning difficulties or disabilities
- Experience of or willingness to train, in order to offer personal care support to students with a physical disability
- Good understanding of key SEN issues e.g. code of practice
- Knowledge/Awareness of Challenging Behaviours
- Able to work with animals and outdoor workshops to support students' courses.
- A sound understanding of the need for Additional Learning Support
If this sounds like the right challenge for you, please apply now.
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter to - email@example.com